[bksvol-discuss] Re: quotation marks

  • From: Nimit Kaur <kaur.nimit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 18:47:08 -0500

Can't you do it manually as you read the book?  Just a suggestion.  I
think it may be more proficient...  Again, just a point...  You are
more than welcome to do the short way, but sorry, I don't know it.  I
do it manually.  I am sure somebody will have a better answer!  HaHa!!
 Have a nice day!

On 11/4/13, Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  To replace the smart (curly ) quotes I copy one, paste in the Find and
> replace with a copied straight quote; replace all; but that doesn't put any
> where there is nothng, smil
>

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Shelagh, if they are smart quotes as opposed to British quotation marks,
>> then you need to change them to regular straight quotes.  <sigh> I can't
>> remember the procedure, but there is one.  The smart quotes do not show
>> up
>> in Braille, so they need to be changed.  If, on the other hand, these are
>> British quotation marks, they need to be left as is.
>>
>> Ann P.
>>
>> --
>> Ann K. Parsons
>> Portal Tutoring
>> EMAIL:  akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>> web site:  http://www.portaltutoring.info
>> Skype: Putertutor
>>
>> "All that is gold does not glitter,
>> Not all those who wander are lost."
>> bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWNG QUOTES BY STEVIE WONDER!!!!!!!
“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOES NOT MEAN HE LACKS VISION!”
“JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN’T SEE DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN’T HEAR AND THINK!”  “
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ALSO NORMAL HUMAN BEINGS.  THEY CAN DO
EVERYTHING THAT PEOPLE WITHOUT DISABILITIES CAN DO JUST IN DIFFERENT
WAYS ADAPTING TO THE CERTAIN DISABILITY THEY POSSESS.
MORE WAYS YOU CAN CONTACT ME:
KAUR.NIMIT@xxxxxxxxx
KAUR.NIMIT@xxxxxxxxxxx
THANK YOU FOR READING MY EMAIL!!!!  HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY, AFTERNOON,
EVENING OR NIGHT DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD!!