[bksvol-discuss] quick question on validating copyright info

  • From: "Anne Ng" <annekyng@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:10:37 -0800

Hello folks,

Some quick questions from a newbie. So when we validate the copyright info
of a book, do we just check if the info is there? Or do we actually go look
up the copyright info? And things like proprietary materials, I am assuming
that we should check to see if the title already exists in digital forms
elsewhere?

Maybe I am not looking at the right place on the Volunteer manual but I
couldn't find a detail list of tasks that I should be doing other than the 5
things listed under "Determining Whether a Book Should Be Recommended For
Approval or Rejection."  Any wisdom is very much needed.

Thank you

Oh, by the way, I just got this 700 page-long book and the "comment history"
shows that it had been returnnew so many times. Is that good signl? bad
sign? normal sign?