[bksvol-discuss] Re: quick BN question

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:11:30 -0400

The third possibility is that braillenote still does this with files over a certain size. I have had this happen. I just give up. I am tired of braillenote tech staff telling me I am alone in having this issue.
I know this is of little consolation.

E.

At 10:39 PM 8/19/2006, you wrote:

Amber,

A couple hypotheses:
1. Perhaps your card is very close to full, and even though the file fit on the card, there may not be enough wiggle room for it to be opened. If you go into the file manager, then directory and press space until you locate the compact flash card or storage card, depending on which you are using, you can hit an i chord to hear how much free space is on the disc.
2. The other idea, though less likely, is simply that if the braillenote flash disk is close to full, the bn often becomes very neurotic, preventing common operations for no other apparent reason. Let us know of your progress.

Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: <mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>Amber Wallenstein To: <mailto:bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Saturday, August 19, 2006 7:33 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] quick BN question

I am trying to open a large .rtf file on my flash card of the Braille note and after about three or four minutes of trying to open, it gives me the message that there is not enough space on the disk to open the .rtf file... Any thoughts?
Amber
Book blog:
<http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/>http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/
I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I give
John Adams
E-Mail: <mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx