[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions please and thank you delete if don't like how I write.

  • From: "Lynn I" <lynnskyi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:48:36 -0600

Hi Gwen!

In answer to your first question, initially people could scan and proofread
their own books. However, I think the policy of having someone else
proofread is a good one. I sometimes tend to be a contextual reader. I
believe having someone else proofread allows for an opportunity to catch
things I did not. *smile*

My only negative experience with this policy has been when a proofreader
relied on spell check and changed spellings of proper names and some terms
that were intended to be spelled as they were.

Blessings.

Lynnsky

  _____