[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions on symbols on Bookshare

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 02:00:48 -0600

Just to chime in here late to the discussion, I see this same thing that Valerie is talking about regularly in books I've downloaded to read. I've seen it in books that I've proofed that I know did not have that symbol when I uploaded them for approval, as well.. Of course, I can't put my hands on a specific title now that it would be helpful to come up with one as an example! smile.

Judy s.
On 3/25/2012 2:54 AM, Mayrie ReNae wrote:
Hi Valerie,

Are you asking if those symbols always happen when scanning, or in the final
Bookshare copies of books?

I haven't seen them in the books I've downloaded to read.

I would find them annoying too!  But I don't know if we're trying to help
people with their scans, or to improve the quality of books in the Bookshare
collection.

Sorry I'm not understanding!

Mayrie