[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions from a newby scanner

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:33:49 -0500

Maureen!

So glad you have joined our ranks!  I hope you enjoy volunteering as much as we
do. Checking lists can make one nuts at first, what is the name of the book you
are scanning? A lot of people contact either Cindy or the list to let them know
what they are planning on scanning just so that others know, they can solicit a
proofreader, or to get it on the lists.

You do ideally need to strip the headers, or put a note in the submission for
the proofreader to strip them. If it is a book longer than 50 pages for a
non-children's book, it also needs to have page numbers in place. Oftentimes
when you strip the headers you lose the page numbers unless you do it manually
on each page.

Be sure to just ask questions, there are many of us here to help! Looking
forward to seeing your new volunteer offerings after having been able to add
your delightful book, “Ally's Busy Day” to the collection last year.

Just let us know how we can help…

Valerie Maples

currently scanning: The Science of Hitting, Horace and Morris Say Cheese

currently proofing:  The Haunted Attic, Double Take, Cherry Cheesecake Murder,
Creative Correction; The Bible Study