[bksvol-discuss] Re: questions about submitting books I have scanned

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 09:06:44 -0700

Hi Monica,

I'll answer your questions and include the web address for the part of the
scanning and proofreading manual which is entitled "Scan a Book".

If all page numbers in the book are at the top of the page, you can leave
them there.  If all page numbers are at the bottom of pages, you can leave
them there.  If they alternate, or are not all present, it really helps a
proofreader, if you are so motivated, to have them all either at the top or
the bottom, and present.

It is helpful to remove running headers from the book, as long as you have
made sure that all chapter titles are present first.  Sometimes the
placement or not of running headers is the only indication to a proofreader
where chapter titles should go, and what they might be.

Finally, no, very sadly, there is no single downloadable file containing the
scanning and proofreading manual.

Here is the web address of the "Scan a Book" section of the scanning and
proofreading manual

https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/3.+Scan+a+book#3.Scanabook-3preparethe
scan

Hope all that helps!  If I've been unclear, please, ask again and I'll give
better instructions.

Mayrie

  _____