[bksvol-discuss] questions about submitting books I have scanned

  • From: "Monica Svopa" <mrod16@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:43:08 -0500

Hello.  I wanted to write and ask a few questions if I could.  I scanned a
book yesterday and would like to get it in as good condition as possible so
that it's easier for a proofreader to approve.  Is there a place in the
manual that I can access for ideas?  I realize I have been on this list a
while but I haven't scanned or proofread books, mostly because of time and
partially because I haven't really remembered how. Example- where page
numbers should be, do we delete the header information on each page which
I'm assuming is the name of the book or Chapter title.

Also, is there a way the manual couold be downloaded in one document?
Thanks as always for your help.  I have books I need to scan for a class I'm
taking at church and thought I could submit them to bookshare in the process
because the publisher normally hasn't had books on bookshare at all.  Thanks
again.

Sincerely,

Monica Svopa