[bksvol-discuss] Re: question re underlined words

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 21:06:20 -0800

Which verses are supposed to be indented? In the Prelude, every line is indented the same number of spaces, two. The Braille translator removes extra spaces, or so I've been told, and I believe it. It also seems to remove all blank lines.

Either this Braille translator is extremely primitive, or it isn't getting files with attributes such as bold and italics and blank lines. I have never seen a blank line in any brf file I have downloaded. Even Megadots from ten years ago could take a doc file from MS Word and show italics and blank lines in the brf version. I used to work with it quite a bit. Why this one can't do the same with rtf files is something curious. Maybe it isn't getting the rtf file, but something stripped of all atributes. But if so, why does the Daisy version get a better file of the book to work with? Questions and more questions.
<smile>

Evan