[bksvol-discuss] Re: question re submitting

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:36:45 -0800

Hi Nan,

Did you know that there is a very very simple way to add those page breaks using Microsoft Word. If you open the file in Microsoft Word, then press Control-h, you will be in the "find and replace" dialogue. Once there, if you type ^b into the box where it asks you what thing you want to replace, then tab to the place where it asks you what you want to replace it with and fill that in with ^m, then tab to "replace all" and press enter, your section breaks will turn into page breaks, magically, as it were. In case, for some reason, your copy of Word is different, I would suggest making a copy of the file, before you start, so you will have your original untainted copy somewhere, just in case.

In case you are using a screen reader to read this note, and it didn't read the "what you should type" part accurately, here is what you need to type In the first field type a karat by holding down the shift key and pressing the number 6. Follow that by the uncapitalized letter b with no space in between. In the next field, type the karat ^ again followed by the uncapitalized letter m. Sorry if this was all too much information. I just wanted to be thorough so as to minimize any frustration you might have had with my less complete instructions.

And if I have just rambled on and on about something that you already know. I'm sorry. Have a great day! And congratulations on that novel!

Peace,
Mayrie

 At 12:40 PM 12/18/2007, you wrote:
I may be fated for frustration...

Someone asked me to look at which OCR application I am using.

I have an Optibook scanner that uses FineReader 5.0 Sprint.

I understand that this application may be used to preserve page breaks.
I was told to look for "Tiols" on the toolbar. There is none. That toolbar contains: File, Edit; View; Image; Process; Language ; Window.

Perhaps when I go to scan something and the scanning window opens, I will find the Tools button.

Thanks for all your patient help.

For now I guess I will just go through and add the page breaks manually since I already scanned the book. I would hate to have wasted the effort on my own use when I could share the file....

--
Cordially,

Nan Hawthorne
www.nanhawthorne.com
Historical fiction blogs, books, and a Celtic music radio show!