[bksvol-discuss] question re footnote numbers in text

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Lisa.

Why are you working so late? :-) I hope you get
compensatory time. When I was a working woman, I
really appreciated that even more than money. It
wasn't taxable and I could go into worker later rather
than earlier or take time off for dental appointments,
lunch, etc.

But that's not why I'm writing. When you get a chance,
could you please find out how bookshare wants us to do
footnote numbers? I know you noticed the discussion
about where to place on the page  boxes and marginal
comments and pictures and picture descriptions and
captions, and you said you'd get an official ruling,
so to speak, but you didn't mention footnote numbers.
I was putting them as superscript numbers, the way
they are in books, but some people, I don't remember
if they  used braille or listened, preferred them at
the ends of sentences, right after the period, as
regular numbers. But from Elizabeth's comments, I get
the impression that even when they're superscript she
hears or "sees" them that way. Anyway, an official
decision would be helpful.

Thanks.