[bksvol-discuss] Re: question re descriptions of photos in books

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 09:57:58 -0500

Hi Cindy!

Any description that you want to include that will enhance the story is something I welcome. I always enjoy the descriptions that have been added in books by those who are able to do so.

Debby

At 04:03 PM 5/24/2010, Cindy wrote
It's way late in my proofreading career to be asking this question (Have you heard the expression "Too soon old, too late smart?" I'd like to know from member-readers how much, if at all, descriptions of photos in books, especially of people and the surrounding setting add to or detract from your pleasure in reading the book. Are they desirable or unnecessary? Do you like having the description, or is the mere word photo sufficient?

Cindy

Wish List (i.e., books wanted added to the collection) and books-being-scanned list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: https://wiki.benetech.org/display/BSO/Books+Being+Scanned+List

        --
mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>