[bksvol-discuss] Re: question on what to do after renewing my book an still have a part that am working on

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <grandcyn77@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 00:25:11 -0800

I guess I don't really understand; if you've checked the Renew link in you
list of checked out books you still have on your desktop or   laptop- or
where-ever it is --a Braille note? Whatever --the file you've been and can
still work on. Even when you check  in the  finished book you'll still have
your saved copy somewhere -- forever unless you trash it. And I never trash
my copy or return the print book to the library until I get the notice that
it's been accepted. (I've learned from hard experience, smile).
To answer your second question: roll your cursor over the part you want to
spellcheck; it should darken (or change color. I've gotten to the point
where I do that every few pages after proofreading them and make the
corrections; then when I do a final spell-check on the whole document
(which I do anyway) it doesn't take as long and I  don't have to go back
and find the page in the print book to see if the scanno is truly a scanno
or is that way in the print book.

I've also started doing a find for 2 spaces together and replacing them
with one space, which I was told to do when I asked here on the list. (when
I replaced an end-of-line paragraph mark or hyphen with a space I sometimes
ended with 2 spaces together (or did something else; I don't remember how I
got them.) I hoped  2 spaces together would be changed to one or deleted in
the conversion process,  but was told "no"--change them myself.
Cindy