[bksvol-discuss] Re: question on scanning books

  • From: "david h carter" <dhcarter1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 09:50:26 -0400

Kellie,
Your correct. At least as far as I have been able to determine, there is no
brightness control for this scanner. Despite that, Kurzweil has it as one of
their recommended scanners and they say results are excellent. I would really
like to hear from someone who uses this scanner.

After using a book edge scanner for many years, I really miss having one. I can
get a hole book flat on the platen, but it's just so much easier with a book
edge. I was able to scan faster one page at a time with a book edge than two
pages at a time simply because getting the book set on the platen was so much
easier.

David