[bksvol-discuss] Re: question on formatting

  • From: Valerie Maples <vlmaples@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 00:52:47 -0800 (PST)

Hi, Vivian!

The tool preserves tables built on tabs in Office, if that is your concern.
So,
tables where appropriate are allowable, even desirable.

The general reference for replacing tabs with a space is as in the beginning of
paragraphs and copyright page.  Another mutually agreed upon allowable
exception, to make a TOC more readable, if you don't want to make it a table,
is
to use an ellipsis between chapter name and page number.  That may have been
decided after the last manual revision by common consensus.

Most of the people I know like the TOC as a table for ease of viewing, but not
everyone wants to do that much work.  Its easy for me and easier for me to
proof, so I make it a table.  After all, it is a TABLE of contents, right?
 Grin.
 Valerie

Keep up with Nichole's recovery: