[bksvol-discuss] Re: question on ellipses

  • From: "Evan Reese" <mentat1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:02:16 -0500

It'll translate into braille correctly, whether you leave the spaces in or not. However, the convention in braille is to have spaces around them, unless they are at the end of a sentence, in which case you would see four periods, one for the end of the sentence, and three for the ellipsis.

I've heard that the print convention is to leave no spaces, but I've seen examples in many books where they do have spaces around them when they are not at the end of a sentence.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>