[bksvol-discuss] Re: question for member bookshare readers re tables of contents

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 21:19:02 -0800 (PST)

I think the comment about page numbers at the top of the page referred to
something else; the poster didn't realize we were talking only about page
Numbers within tables of contents. smile

I delete end-of-line paragraph symbols carefully, but not individually.  One
can highlight the paragraph, from first line to last line, being careful to
exclude the final paragraph symbol.(you can stop the highlight with any word in
the last line). Then do a replace paragraph symbol with a space The firsst time
(or maybe two), you replace, and ach one will be replaced. After you've done,
that you can do replace all. You'll be shown how many were replaced; the number
depends on how many lines are in he paragraph. Be careful to say no if asked if
you want to do the reat of the dcument or go back to the beginning. Thuis is a
big timesasaver. If you've made a mistake and the whol document has become one
long paragraph, you can click on it and go to edit and--what is it? delete or
repalce or smethng?

I was delighted to learn that the converter closes extra spaces between
paragraphs; not having to do that manually saves a lot of time. Putting an
asterisk in an extra space that is intended to be between paragraphs or
sections only takes a second  (although in some books, like one I'm proofing
now, there are a lot of them.

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: