[bksvol-discuss] question for member bookshare readers re tables of contents

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:51:46 -0800 (PST)

I'm proofreading a book. The scanner tabbed from chapter titles to page
numbers. I know that tabs are deleted. I've been putting a row of  periods
between them  (which the book itself, has, actually. I realize that if the tabs
are deleted, the page number will be adjacent to the chapter title--unless I
put one space between them.As a sighted person, I would find that somewhat
difficult to read and would prefer that the page numbers are further from the
words and lined up somewhat. But I need to know what most of you prefer. Shall
I continue putting in periods and lining up the page numbers as best I can, or
do you not mind having the page number right next to the chapter title?

list available at sites below

Books Being Scanned List: