[bksvol-discuss] Re: question checking in book after proofing

  • From: Beverly Cory <beverlycory@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 18:51:59 -0800

Hi Debra, This is what I do: I leave the file as an RTF file on my desktop,
and OPEN it from within Word (with the setting “Enable: All Readable
Documents). So it opens in Word, and I do the proofing in Word. But then when
I close it, it’s still an RTF file, which is what I check back in when I’ve
finished. I never lose any edits doing this.

On Nov 19, 2015, at 6:33 PM, Debra L <dlessin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi folks
I am new to proofing Bookshare books. Thanks for all your good advice. When I
am proofing I have changed the rtf to docx format. I am using Jaws and
Windows 7. When I check the book back I am changing it back to rtf format
because that is what they seem to want.
Am I doing this the correct way? Will I be losing my edits if I change the
format back?
Thanks