[bksvol-discuss] Re: question checking in book after proofing

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "rogerbailey81" for DMARC)
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 21:39:49 -0500

It does have to be checked in in RTF format. I don't know if you will lose your edits, but I don't think so. I am used to converting from Open Book format to RTF myself. I would make a backup before converting and then look at your converted copy. If you didn't lose anything then You did it right. If you do lose something then you will still have your backup and perhaps someone else can give you further advice.

On 11/19/2015 9:33 PM, Debra L wrote:

Hi folks

I am new to proofing Bookshare books. Thanks for all your good advice. When I am proofing I have changed the rtf to docx format. I am using Jaws and Windows 7. When I check the book back I am changing it back to rtf format because that is what they seem to want.

Am I doing this the correct way? Will I be losing my edits if I change the format back?

Thanks