[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about word

  • From: "Gerald Hovas" <geraldhovas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 13:29:24 -0600

Sue,

Word gives you those different views because they're each good for something
different.  Normal View let's you concentrate on the content while the Print
Layout View let's you concentrate on how the text appears on the page.  If
you don't see the word Normal when you're in the Print Layout View, then I
wouldn't worry since if it was text then it should show up in that view as
well.  JAWS is just probably trying to tell you that the text on a given
line or in a given paragraph is formatted normally.  You can try checking to
see if Style Changes is turned on or off in the verbosity setting for Word.
It's the first setting I see when I press Insert-V in Word.  If it's on,
then turn it off and see if that makes a difference.

BTW, I'm guessing the reason Sarah suggested Normal View is because that's
the easiest view to check for hard page breaks.

HTH

Gerald