[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about the list of books

  • From: Mike Gorse <mgorse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 08:19:41 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Cindy,

I'd been afraid to just arbitrarily click on the "download" links because I figured that would make me check out the book.

My scans are
Journey of Souls: Case Studies of Life Between Lives, by Michael Newton
and
A Walden Two Experiment: The First Five Years of Twin Oaks Community by Kathleen Kinkade

(I have a few other scans on my computer waiting to be uploaded; I'm planning on getting to them this weekend)

Btw, thanks for sending out the new books that are being added to the collection.

-- Michael Gorse / AIM:linvortex / http://mgorse.home.dhs.org --

On Thu, 25 May 2006, Cindy wrote:

Welcome as a volunteer, Mike.

If you click on a title, you'll get the validatation
history--when the book was submitted, if anyone, and
how many, people started to validate it but let their
time lapse, usually at least a brief summary of the
book and a rating of the quality, not necessarily
accurate.

You can take anything you want--anything that
interests you. A couple of us have decided to take
some of the books that have been hanging around on the
list for a long time, but often those are in bad shape
and end up being rejected. Others that have been there
for a long time just don't seem to be of interest to
people.

As I said earlier, although it's recommmended that
someone other than the submitter validate the
submitted book, if it's not getting validated, the
submitter should do it, so if no one's taken your two
books, you can validate them so that they get into the
collection. What are the titles, by the way?

Cindy
--- Mike Gorse <mgorse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

For anyone who was reading my posts on
bookshare-discuss, I sent an email,
and John replied within an hour or so and made me a
volunteer!  And only
two of my scans are still waiting to be validated,
so I guess one has been
taken.

Is the list on the download page in any particular
order by default?  I'm
wondering if the books near the top are the books
most recently submitted
or perhaps the books that have been in queue the
longest (which would mean
that most have been there for several months), so
I'm wondering if it is
better to validate books near the beginning or the
end that no one seems
to be taking.

Thanks,

-Mike G-