[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about possible incomplete book

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 20:58:26 -0400

Dear Laura Ann,

The sentences at the end of your document match what I know about the way
Intruder in the Dust ends, though I haven't read it yet. It is so tempting but
I'm drowning in books. I've been wanting to read that one because it's a
mystery and quite different from Faulkner's standard, quite depressing,
formula. Web braille has a Faulkner short mystery as part of a collection
called Murder and Other Acts of Literature, which has mysteries by E. B. White,
Alcott, Warton, Kipling and other well known classic writers.

Intruder in the Dust is one novel web braille doesn't have, so it will be a
terrific addition to Bookshare. I've read 4 of his, all pretty defeating, but
in Intruder in the Dust, Faulkner casts a vote for human dignity.  Go William.
About time!

I hope someone grabs it soon while I can still resist it.

Always with love,

Lissi

"My story is finally out there in the ether, a self-sufficient organism beyond
my control, changing shape in every new mind that absorbs it."
From The Night Listener, a novel by
Armistead Maupin