[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about page numbers

  • From: Bud Schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 08:50:04 -0700

Thanks Mary, that's what I thought but wasn't sure. And thanks to all the others who replied to my query.

Bud SchwabAt 10:18 PM 9/24/2007, you wrote:
Hi Bud,

Those page numbers that you set are only ever in your original kes file. You haven't created a problem for anyone. I think what you describe is expected. I know that I expect it and just set those page numbers myself as you did on any book that I am validating.

Peace,
Mayrie

At 09:52 PM 9/24/2007, you wrote:
Hi Gang,

Something's been bothering me. While scanning a book I set it so the page number of the book matches the book's page number. This of course makes it easy to catch any missed pages if two should stick together. The pages before page one are called preliminary 1, 2, 3, etc. Now when I convert it to rtf for sending to bookshare the numbering starts with the first page of the book. Does that create a problem for the validators or anybody? Just wondering.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California

Bud Schwab