[bksvol-discuss] question about kurzweil settings and submitting a book

  • From: "Kerri Kosten" <wvusuperfan22@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 12:22:13 -0500

Hi All:

I just got my Kurzweil a couple weeks ago.  I was going to start scanning a
book and so I went to Jake's site and was reading the nstructions about
scanning a paperback with Kurzweil.  On the directions it says when you begin
to do the optimize scan, to only have one page on the scanner platent.
Wouldn't it better to jut have the book laying flat?  Wouldn't that give a
better image for Kurzweil to optimize with?  How do I only pt on page on the
scanner and still give it a good image to optimize?  Is there a big problem
with laying the book with both pages flat?

Thanks, Kerri