[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about indicating notes in text

  • From: "Deborah Murray" <blinkeeblink@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 17:35:13 -0400

Hi Chanelle,

You were correct in that the quotation mark should have been an asterisk.

However, I don't think you should move the note from the bottom of the page.
I scan a lot of nonfiction with footnotes that are either marked by a number
or an asterisk, or some other character.

I always end the body of the page by a line of three asterisks separated by
spaces. Then a line break followed by the note(s).

Someone, maybe Mary, will have to answer definitively if moving the notes is
permissible, but my vote is to not move them.

Deborah