[bksvol-discuss] question about improving the edit

  • From: Lynn Zelvin <lynn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2010 07:42:47 -0500

Well, I was avoiding joining this list because I'm on too many already. But since I'm here, I have a question. I am not great as a proofreader as I tend to get too caught up with making improvements that I never finish. I tried some years ago and barely finished anything. But I'm desperate because I can't afford to renew my own bookshare subscription and there are books I need to read. So, in my rush to just do the work without going back and re-reading the manual, I hadn't realized that it was even OK to do things like remove line breaks within paragraphs or add missing page numbers and I checked in my first book and then found out there was more I could do and went back and made the improvements.

I'm not sure it is even possible to re-submit it but I did want to do the best job possible and hadn't heard back from the volunteer coordinator who I'm sure is way too busy, so I just went ahead. It isn't a re-scan, but in putting in the extra work I also fixed more obvious scanning errors and I think it's a much improved copy. Does anyone have any idea as to what I can do with it?

Thanks,

Lynn