[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about digital books

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 23:30:32 -0500

I don't think at present the law applies to college level textbooks but just
to up to grade twelve.

In any case, the publisher would have to send them directly to Bookshare.

The college textbook providers who are giving the digital copies are doing
it as a courtesy right now, it isn't as far as I know mandated by law.

Shelley L. Rhodes B.S. Ed, CTVI
and Judson, guiding golden
juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.