[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about digital books

  • From: barbarab65@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:51:04 EST

My school has signed up for psychology books that can be downloaded. Can I
submit these books to Bookshare? I understand the rule but does this rule
included digital books that are approved by colleges or universities? Also,
isn't
there a law which says that the publishers of new books have to  provide
digital copies. If this is true, wouldn't it be easier and faster to  submit
the
digital copies of these new books from the publishers? In this way,  we could
dramatically increase our collection and could spend our time scanning  and
validating older books.

Barbara
_barbarab65@xxxxxxxx (mailto:barbarab65@xxxxxxx)