[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about content in book scan

  • From: Agape Pet Sitting <agapepetsitting@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 00:08:41 -0500

,At 12:03 AM 8/16/2006, you wrote:

Hi, Laura Ann! For the most part, you should be able to leave the front matter. If the first page is not actually Page 1, as is the case with most books, you'll want to find the first page of the actual story that doesn't seem to use Roman numerals as page numbers. For instance, in the Zion Covenant book I'm working on, I've noticed that the Prologue is actually considered preliminary material with its page numbers being Roman numerals, even though it's actually part of the story.

So, go to the first page that has an Arabic number, and set that to be Page 1, or whatever the page number should be. You do this by going into the Navigation menu in K1000 and going to the option that says, "set Current Page Number." After you've done that, your preliminary pages should be numbered correctly. It makes it easier to tell if any pages are missing, too.

Then, before you submit your file, just remove those pesky images, as well as the layout info, by going into the File menu and finding the Utilities submenu. In fact, I'd do that before you save your file as an RTF... I usually save my files as RTF right before I submit them. Hope this helps, and that I'm not so tired that I'm not making sense! <LOL>

Jana

----- Original Message ----- that is exactly the info I was requesting.

laura Ann