[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about brain injury book

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 18:53:23 -0500

Charisma,

Jamie has a great way to handle the problem of publisher printed errors in the books she scans. First, she warns me, the proofreader that there are errors printed in the text. Then, she puts a note in parenthesis next to each printed error for the proofreader that says: this word is really spelled this way in the text. Then, as I proofread the book, I know to leave those words alone when I get to them, and just erase the parenthesized note.

Judy s.

Charisma wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have scanned, formatted, and proofed most of this book now (Coping
with Mild Traumatic Brain Injury) but I've discovered that as printed
it has way more errors than I recall from when I was able to read it.
I think I am up to 28 so far. That is a lot for a reader to deal with
but what can we do? Are we allowed to make a note at the beginning
that it has a zillion errors in the print version?

Shall I keep going and submit it? Will it be worth it?

Charisma