[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about brain injury book

  • From: "Jamie Yates, CPhT" <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:24:59 -0400

What I do works for me as a sighted scanner: when my OCR flags a word I
check the print book to be sure it's really wrong in print and then I put:
[note to proofreader: it really says capet instead of carpet in the print
book]

This way the proofreader won't fix it and hopefully will erase my note to
proofreader note. Of course the reader is eventually going to think that
both the scanner and proofreader really did a crappy job but there's nothing
I can do about that.

This probably won't work for a person without sight who is scanning a book
though.

--
Jamie in Michigan

Currently Reading: Sweet Jiminy by Kristin Gore