[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about a sentence

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:41:36 -0500

If the hours belonged to the community service then the apostrophe would be after community service followed by an s. The word hours would then follow. The way the sentence is constructed with the apostrophe after the word hours it is saying that the community service belong to the hours and that makes no sense, so it must be incorrect.

Roger Loran Bailey

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, & the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

The Militant:
http://www.themilitant.com
Pathfinder Press: