[bksvol-discuss] Re: question about a sentence

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:43:27 -0500

Hi all,

I don't think that this is going to be solved unless we can get a print copy, however, I beg to differ. Community Service or "Community Service" is a noun. It's a compound noun, two words that are a single thing. Therefore, the hours, which are also nouns can be given to it. This needs somebody to get the print copy to confirm my grammarian's opinion. Seems I remember a question like this on one of those awful national tests like the SAT or the GRE or something I took ages ago. It rings a faint but insistent bell. Of course, I could be all wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring