[bksvol-discuss] Re: question

  • From: Melissa Smith <mdsmith25@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 10:07:06 -0500

That makes sense to me, that they should work on the more complicated books. Perhaps the grant is the reason they are not. I really don't know.

Melissa Smith

On 5/7/2010 7:44 AM, Jamie Yates, CPhT wrote:
 I was sure at one point we were told the whole purpose of the
 outsourcers was that they could work on books that were more
 complicated than volunteers were willing to or could handle.
 Cookbooks seem to fit that bill. Of course that was pre-grant so
 maybe their focus now is just getting a mass quantity of books that
 meet the grant conditions into the collection.

 I agree that cookbooks do take a long time and it's not an easy thing
 to do, even with sight. After a while all of those fractions look the
 same when you've seen hundreds of them.

 -- Jamie in Michigan

 Currently Reading: Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai
 Sijie Earn cash for answering trivia questions every 3 hours:

 See everything I've read this year at:
 www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html
 <http://www.michiganrxtech.com/books.html>