[bksvol-discuss] Re: punctuation for photo captions

  • From: Maria Kristic <maria6289@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 17:35:31 -0400

Hi Elizabeth,

If you're using 6-dot Computer Braille, press SPACE with U, followed by dots
2-4-6 for the left square bracket, and SPACE with U, followed by dots 1-2-4-5-6
for the right square bracket. If using 8-dot Computer Braille, no need to
proceed with SPACE with U, and add dot 7 to the above combinations (ie., left
square bracket is dots 2-4-6-7, and right square bracket is dots 1-2-4-5-6-7).
I'm going on memory in terms of the 6-dot, since the PACMate uses 8-dot, so
hope that's correct, but I know the 8-dot combos are right for sure because I
just tried them out on my Omni, and the code will be the same whether typing on
PM or BN.

HTH,
Maria