[bksvol-discuss] Re: publisher quality books revisited

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 18:38:34 -0800 (PST)

Uh, Oh.  It's only the NIMAC books, as I understand
it, that are only available to students in grade 1 -
12. Unfortunately (and I'm copying this to Claire and
Lisa F.), the recently added books don't distinguish
on the List of books added in Browse Books, between
NIMAC books and Publisher Quality books the way they
did at first.

In my email list of books added I planned to not
include NIMAC books. Since until you posted this I
didn't know the PQ textbooks were part of them, I did
include them. Now that I know, I'll check before I
mail out the list tonight and will delete them.

I checked some PQ nonfiction titles. If you check on a
title, a paragraph above the title tells you whether
you can download the book or whether it's a NIMAC
book.

G.Cindy

--- Bob <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Question to the staff.
> On the new books list there are many publisher
> quality books listed. Ok,
> that's cool, no problem. Those of us who wish to
> read them can do so, and
> those who don't, or who can't, just skip them.
>
> But, now it appears there are two types of publisher
> quality books, text
> books like Glencoe Literature: The Reader's Choice,
> and nontextbooks like
> "circuit of heaven". Both books are shown on the new
> books page, but one can
> be read by anyone, and the other can only be read by
> the kids.
>
> Question: how can I tell the difference without
> opening the book first?
>
> Thanks.
> Bob the Curmudgeon
> "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
> committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it
> is
> the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead

AVAILABLE AT
http://www.friendsofbookshare.org/