[bksvol-discuss] Re: protected view reaching with JAWS

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:15:20 -0400

Dear Judy,

This one time I hope you’re wrong.

Always with love,

Lissi

From: Judy s.
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 5:04 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: protected view reaching with JAWS

Hi Deborah,

From what I've heard, that doesn't work consistently.  JAWS often doesn't find
the line with the box, for some reason. Go figure.

Judy s.
Follow me on Twitter at QuackersNCheese

On 4/21/2014 3:19 PM, Deborah Murray wrote:

  Hi Lissi,

  having never had this happen, I am assuming this box is not in the document
window, but in the area of the tool bars and menu bar.

  if that's the case, turn on the JAWS cursor by pressing the minus key (top
right key on the numeric key pad). Press the page up key and then move down one
line at a time until you get to the the line with box.

  I don't know how comfortable you are with JAWS, so please forgive me if this
is remedial stuff.

  Anyway, hold down the control key while using the right or left arrow keys
until you have the JAWS cursor/mouse pointer where you need it and do a left
click. Voila!

  Deborah