[bksvol-discuss] proofing with braille

  • From: "Debra Lessin" <dlessin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 10:26:06 -0800

Hi Kristen

I also would like to know if there are any experienced proof readers using
braille. I just started proofing my first book using Jaws and a braille
connect braille display.I am using trial and error to learn how these tools
wil work, or not, to identify the elements that Bookshare needs us to check.
I am enjoying doing it but will not know how successful I have been until my
book is checked by Bookshare staff. If you can show italics and bolding on
your braille note I think that will help you. Jaws also announces them with
a separate keystroke. What I have found most helpful so far is having a
Kindle copy of the book to work from so I can check for scannos and
formatting.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck.