[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofing boooks with tables

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 23:39:41 -0500

Always glad to help with a page (or more), but I won't commit to proofing a book that has difficult tables just because it has tables. smile. I've got to be at least interested in the book's contents to do that, or it has to be a book that someone truly needs to help them out with a medical condition or the like. Otherwise I drive myself batty reading stuff that I don't like or that is so tedious that I burn myself out. smile.

Judy s.

Cindy wrote:
That's good to know. I'll call on you the next time I have a book with them (I
can send you the page as an rtf file)(or I'll release the book and ask you to
proof it smile.
Cindy

From: Judy s. <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: way to refer to
other books?
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, June 14, 2011, 11:23 AM
Let me second Sue on this -- I'd love
to have a book like this on Bookshare.  I
don't scan,
but if you'd be willing to try scanning it,
Charisma, I'd be
willing to proof it, as long as you keep the
images of the
pages until the proofing is done.  That way I
can get a
page image from you if I need it when proofing
tricky parts
like tables. smile.

Judy s.

Sue Stevens wrote:
Hi Charisma,

Some of us cannot hear audio books, so having
a book
on the Bard site would do us no good.  True
we are a
small group, but we appreciate it when such books
are in
Bookshare.
Sue S.

-----Original Message----- From: Charisma
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:55 PM
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] way to refer to
other
books?
I was looking to see if Bookshare had a copy
of this
book because I
wanted to listen to it.
I checked the publisher and the site and etc
and it is
not there. So I
was about to scan it when I remembered that I
had
listened to it
initially through NLS/BARD. Since they have it
I am
not going to scan
it.

But I wish there was a way to refer folks to a
place
that has a thing
when Bookshare does not. It looks as if the
brain
injury books on
Bookshare are regarding pediatric injuries
only, but
this one is for
any age.

IS there a way? This has been an extremely
helpful
book to me and at
least one of my doctors. If it was not so
tricky with
tables and all I
would go ahead and push through if it was not
available anywhere else.
Charisma
To unsubscribe from this list send a blank
Email to
bksvol-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
put the word 'unsubscribe' by itself in the
subject
line.  To get a list of available commands,
put the

-----
No virus found in this message.
-