[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofing a text with screen shots

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 11:07:03 -0500

Here's what I've done, with limitted success, to get the information from a picture or screen shot.

Incidentally, I've done this with Kurzweil but I think it can be done with openbook too.

You find the page or screen you want to peruse, and print it to the kesi printer. That way Kurzweil will treat the entire page as a page on the scanner and convert everything it can to text.

I have especially done this for books that show a page, such as google books. But I suspect it might work on a page with a screen shot on it. You would just print the page out of word or something like that.

Bob

"We know the future will outlast all of us, but I believe that all of us will live on in the future we make,"
Senator Edward M. Kennedy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Debby Franson" <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>