[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofing a text with screen shots

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 10:44:31 -0500

Hi Jackie!

When I first got Windows 95, I read "Windows 95 for Dummies" all the way through with the optacon, and those screen shots were quite helpful to know what was really going on in Windows, so I see the value in having them in a book.. I don't think I would have learned as much without being able to read them.

Debby

At 10:36 PM 10/30/2009, Jackie McBride wrote
Aw, man, Norma, do I know what you're going thru! If the book can be
pretty well used without the screenshots, then I suggest omitting
them. If, however, the screenshots are necessary to clarify the
material, then perhaps u should consider seeking help from 1 of the
sighted proofers on this list for the screenshots.

A couple volunteers on this list & I did a book on Drupal some time
ago in which screenshots were numerous & some of which were necessary.
What we thought would take a couple days ended up taking several
months. Drag!

I don't know what OCR software you're using but many of them allow u
to save page images w/the O C R'd text & I would recommend u consider
doing that w/this particular book.

Welcome, new volunteer!

On 10/30/09, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Norma,
>
> Yes, you can omit them with the note that you suggested. However, would you
> please surround the notation with brackets []?  That is what Carrie has
> suggested we do.
>
> Mayrie

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride