[bksvol-discuss] Re: proofing a text with screen shots

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 20:36:28 -0700

Aw, man, Norma, do I know what you're going thru! If the book can be
pretty well used without the screenshots, then I suggest omitting
them. If, however, the screenshots are necessary to clarify the
material, then perhaps u should consider seeking help from 1 of the
sighted proofers on this list for the screenshots.

A couple volunteers on this list & I did a book on Drupal some time
ago in which screenshots were numerous & some of which were necessary.
What we thought would take a couple days ended up taking several
months. Drag!

I don't know what OCR software you're using but many of them allow u
to save page images w/the O C R'd text & I would recommend u consider
doing that w/this particular book.

Welcome, new volunteer!

On 10/30/09, Mayrie ReNae <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Norma,
>
> Yes, you can omit them with the note that you suggested.  However, would you
> please surround the notation with brackets []?  That is what Carrie has
> suggested we do.
>
> Mayrie

Change the world--1 deed at a time
Jackie McBride