[bksvol-discuss] problem with scanning a book

  • From: bud schwab <budschwab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: k1000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 10:00:59 -0800

Hi gang,

I am using k1000 version 9.2 and an Epson 1640 scanner. When scanning a book every few pages end up with the bottom few lines missing I rescan it several more times and finally get the whole page. Usually it's when I use fine scanner. Any thoughts? I wonder if it might be the scanner which I have had for a long time and it probably is on it's last leg so to speak. I haven't looked on the Kurzweil site yet, but has anybody used any of their latest recommendations for a scanner and how did you find it? .

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California