[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem with first line on some pages

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:06:47 -0600

Hi Bob!

Often, the first letter in a chapter or section is huge compared to the rest of the text.

The book I am proofing has the same thing. The first letter of the first word in a chapter is two lines above the rest of the first sentence.

I just get past the first letter of the word and hit the delete key until the first and second letter meet to complete the first word. That's quicker than cutting and pasting.

I think publishers do that to get your attention. It is ophen done in magazine articles, too.

Debby

At 12:42 PM 11/7/2009, Bud Schwab wrote
Hi Gang,

The book I'm starting to scan has the first letter of the first word on the top line a line or two above. I've run into this before, but so many of this book's pages are that way. I stop and erase that first letter on a single line and retype it at the beginning of the word where it should be. It's a big slowdown but I will continue to do it if that's is what I should do. Wonder why publishers do that? What do you other scanners do about that?
Thanks.

Bud Schwab
W 6 Z Y P
Malibu, California