[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem with daisy book

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 23:54:37 -0600

Hi Amber and all.
Unfortunately there is no longer an .xml or .html file associated directly with
a daisy book.

I now have to rely on Kurzweil to open books, though I suppose in theory you
could use the victor soft to open them too. I'm pretty sure openbook would work
pretty much like Kurzweil.

There are about six files in a zipped book. The only one I've ever gotten to
open is the file with the extension of .opl. When you open that file in
Kurzweil, you have to enter your password five or six times while it opens the
other files associated with the daisy file. Once you have the book open you
could save it in almost any format you wish, including .html.

I hate having to rely on K1000 without a backup method in case Kurzy gets sick
some day. I'll probably play with the victor soft program a bit to find out how
that one does it, and if I'm successful, I'll report back here.

BTW, I'm using windows/xp and k1000v9.

Bob