[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem with daisy book

  • From: "Judy s." <cherryjam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:06:16 -0600

Hi Monica, I think Bob was actually talking about the engineers behind the physical devices themselves, not the bookshare staff. smile. For myself, in ten years of using speech recognition software, I have yet to talk to a developer or engineer for the product I use that is disabled or even uses the product themselves. They all use a keyboard and mouse.

Judy

Monica Willyard wrote:
Yes, some of the engineering staff do depend on screenreaders. (smile) And
both customer support technicians use speech and Braille devices. These
staff members had to test the site extensively before it could be released.
If you write to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx you can speak with a blind person who
knows how to do things on the site with various screenreaders.

Monica Willyard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jill O'Connell" <jillocon@xxxxxxxxxx>