[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem with a book-empty file

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 11:50:17 -0400

E,

What version of Wordpad / Windows are you using?
I'm using XP and Wordpad 5.1 and don't have any trouble with Wordpad eating page breaks. However, I've also never found a way to get Wordpad to display page breaks, which makes it nearly useless for validating, at least as the only validating tool.
Are you maybe confusing the issue where Wordpad eats page breaks in text files?

Dave

At 04:51 PM 5/30/2008, you wrote:
You will need to make sure opening the file the first time in wordpad did not destroy the page breaks.

To find page breaks search for \p in k1000 by putting \p into the search box.

Hope this helps.

At 04:43 PM 5/30/2008, you wrote:
Thanks for the heads up about Word pad. I love k1000 and use that for most things related to bookshare stuff, and that's what opened the file the second time I tried it.

Caitlyn
At 04:11 PM 5/30/2008, you wrote:
Please refrain from using wordpad to validate.

It destroys page breaks.

Your k1000 will work great for validating.

E.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 080530-0, 05/30/2008
Tested on: 5/30/2008 4:37:33 PM

http://www.eset.com