[bksvol-discuss] Re: problem submitting books

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:28:17 -0600

A firewall isn't necessarily the issue, because I had the problem with
win98 and absolutely no software fire wall or virus scanner of any kind.
Now
nobody
go looking for my very vulnerable computer to attack it. ;-)  The site
worked the next day without me changing anything at all.  I know it
doesn't
make sense, but that was my experience.  Having or deleting cookies never
made a difference, and my hardware firewall has never bothered anything but
Real Player, and wasn't at all changed between the two days that submitting
didn't and did work.

Now for anyone with a firewall, such as windows xp's or Norton... You
need
to add
http://www.bookshare.org
to the list of trusted sites.  I don't
know
where you enter that in Norton, but in Windows XP Sp2 you open explorer
go
to the tools menu, options and control tab to ... Oh yeah, my Windows Xp
has lost Sp2, and I can't look for the correct tab.  I remember doing it
without the directions though, so I think it should be possible to find
the correct place.

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
http://home.earthlink.net/~netentity/