[bksvol-discuss] priority proofreaders

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookshare volunteer discussion" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 06:04:22 -0500

I think I've been proofreading for about two years, frankly, I don't remember
when I started. However, last year I had enough credits to cover my
subscription, which really came in handy. I now have enough credits to cover
next year's subscription. I'm sure some of you long-timers have many more than
that.

When I proofread today it's because I like proofreading, but I can afford to
pick and choose which books I will proof. However, I suspect that there are
some newer folks who actually need the credits to maintain their subscription.
If you will let a scannor know that this is the case, I'd like to suggest that
the scannors give these folks priority.

Any newer scannors in the same boat might want to ask for a thorough but
quicker proofreader.

Just a suggestion.

Bob

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful,
committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is
the only thing that ever has."--Margaret Mead